"The village nestles in a valley surrounded by hills, and for the most part stands on an expansive slope. At one glance the eye takes the thatched cottages interspersed with a few red brick and slate roofed dwellings, and numerous farmhouses built of warm red sandstone. Here and there a green meadow shows between. Beyond these we see the church and to the left are sloping cornfields of red sandy soil. As a background is Badby Wood with its immense stretch of trees - masses of green in varied shades. At the foot of the hill run the beginnings of the river Nene not far from its source. Some writers have called the place the 'Garden of Eden'." (From 'A Short History of Badby and Fawsley', Miss A.E. Ivens, 1933)
Badby is a rural village in beautiful surroundings, which are much valued by its residents and by visitors. It is situated in the west Northamptonshire countryside one mile south of Daventry and fourteen miles west of Northampton. The parish covers 820 hectares and has a total population of 632 in 265 houses (2011 census).
From this page you can choose to visit either:
Last updated 17 December 2021